lunes, 30 de septiembre de 2013

London, Springsteen & I

                

         

How can I describe a perfect journey where I enjoyed with music, friends and bloody marys in a few days? Easy… I can tell you step by step my long weekend in London in the first days of July.

All started when my friend Maite and I caught the bus at 4:00 a.m. in the morning and we saw my workmate walking along the street through the window’s vehicle. Amazing! I knew in that moment that it would be a fantastic travel. Why? Because meeting someone in Madrid by chance is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It is extremely rare. So It was a signal, I am sure.

The first thing we did was to visit London a little bit. We had been there before, so we concentrated in the North area. Candem market is awesome! I would say it is a colour explosion of cloths, people and weird things. You can find over there all that you can imagine. After some shopping we ate in a New Orleans restaurant with bloody mary and spicy food. In the evening we walked by the center area and bought two tickets for a musical called ‘We will rock you’, which main plot was about a future’s gang fighting for freedom, setting by Queen’s music.

Next day we went to the Boss’ concert, Bruce Springsteen. We ate in a Japanese restaurant in the mall near the stadium where the show would be celebrated. Once the doors were crossed, we had the time of our life. We got the most of the day. We saw four concerts alive, including Springsteen’s, lying on the artificial grass and singing as two crazy girls. No words for it.

Our last day there we spent visiting the center area again, but we found an unexpected gay party because this day was the Gay Pride Day, so we could go for a walk by streets with no cars but a lot of people. After this we caught a bus to see the South area and came back to the hostal. I should confirm that we drunk bloody mary again, just in case you doubt. Finally, we went to the musical, which was terribly good, and then we went out with some English friends. I realized that I could speak English well because they didn’t speak Spanish, ha, ha. Maybe I should go there more than I do.


The day we came back we had breakfast in a beautiful place, bought the newspaper, ate near the hostal, with our trip’s drink, and took the plane to Madrid, not without meet some nice guys in the way, but this… is another interesting story. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario