sábado, 30 de noviembre de 2013

A mirror in the sky



A few years ago I watched a film named ‘Kathmandu, a mirror in the sky’. The film is about a teacher who moves there to volunteer in a local school. There is a scene where a man, who she had married out of convenience, told her that everyone has their own place on Earth, which at the same time is a mirror in the sky. In fact, every person must find it. I was wondering if it could be real or not. I have ever believed that we do belong to nowhere; we are part of the planet, so we should stay wherever we want to.

            All these thoughts take me to consider about our goal in life. When I was younger I would have liked to go fighting against poverty to another country: helping people to build houses, farming lands with them, whatever. It only was one of my dreams. I would have visited Buthan, (I did not know what is called, for instance), just for the Buddhism idea, or some other paradise on Earth. I have read a lot about this kind of thinking; living as a Buddhism monk could be interesting as the same time as close to perfection. I will add that many ideas come into my brain, like being a writer locked into my room, being a tourist forever, travelling forwards to the East lands by transsiberian train, I do not know…

            According to these points, I realize that I do not really want this way of life. I would not wish to live as a hippie, or as the mother Theresa, or be a traveller. I want to be free (as Queen said) and just me. I am not sure what is the future preparing to me, but I am going to catch a brief glimpse of the fate. Wherever I will settle, I wish I found my own way, so I will have my mirror, the one which moves on with me.

          I strongly recommend this film. If you want to know a curiosity about it, the director and the main character are not getting on well with each other, or something of that I have heard. The rest, you should discover yourself.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario